Monday, March 25, 2013

life...


            This past Sunday something happened to me that I never not once thought would ever occur in my lifetime. My boyfriend, his brother, his brother’s girlfriend and I all decided to go to a shooting range. We all thought it was a pretty decent and warm enough day to go and that it would be fun. Soon our “fun” day came to a fast end.
            We were there and having a good time for a good hour, then something terrible happened. From the corner of my eye I saw a guy fall back and start shaking. The DNR officer ran to see what was happening and we all thought it was a seizure; we called 911 immediately thinking it was a seizure. Soon after the police arrived they began to perform CPR and soon found out that it was a gun shot that occurred not a seizure of any kind. The man was then rushed in the ambulance, and it was the scariest thing I have ever seen and or witnessed. At that very moment everyone I was with and around including me were all “suspects”. All of us were at a total loss of words, none of us had shot him of course, but they had to make sure and rule us out. Later that night the man was pronounced dead.
            This is something I thought would never ever happen to me but it did and it definitely changed me. I don’t wish this occurrence on anyone, nor should you. It made me see how precious life truly is, and a simple day at the gun range can easily turn deadly with a simple accident. It really showed me to live my life to the fullest that I can and to not let anything or anyone hold me back, because there is always that small chance that tomorrow I won’t be here anymore. I hope that when you are done reading this, you really think about it, and about your own life. “ Never take life for-granted, it could be gone in a blink of an eye…” (word count 389)

No comments:

Post a Comment