Thursday, April 4, 2013

Les Miserables


Les Miserables is a famous play and has recently been made into a film. This movie is three hours long and has about 10 words in monologue and the rest is them singing. Even though that doesn’t sound very desirable for a lot of people this movie is AMAZING. I went into the theatre kind of hesitant because that’s all I heard about it but I came out not regretting a second of it.

This movie takes place in France during a war. It starts out with a man who was thrown into jail for years because he stole a piece of bread. He finally got onto parole and tried to get back into life but everywhere he went he had problems with people excepting him. He found his way to a priest’s house and he said he can stay the night but in the middle of the night the man stole gold from the priest. The man was caught the next day and instead of the priest throwing him back in jail he forgave him and told him to do something with the gold and to get back on his feet. That’s exactly what he did; he opened his own business and became a successful man. A few years goes by and he fires a women who works his factory but later figures out that she really needed the job because she was trying to get money for her daughter. The women ends up dying and the man decided to take custody over the daughter name Cosette. More time goes by and Cosette and Jean the man are on a run from the police because the parole officer doesn’t like him and figured out that he’s done more bad. But while there on the run Cosette ran into a man and instantly they both fell in love with each other. But Jean doesn’t want Cosette to fall in love at first and tries to keep them away from each other for their own good.

I won’t spoil the ending. But if you haven’t seen it you really need to because it is absolutely beautiful! & yes I said beautiful that’s how amazing it was! I thought I wouldn’t like all the singing but they brought me to tears, and I’m not an easy crier. Everything about this movie is great. Now I want to see the play on Broadway to see what they do differently, I heard it was even better so I couldn’t even begin to imagine. Ahhhh talking about it just makes me smile(: (428 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment