Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beauty fa daysss

Lately I have had an obsession with Lauren Conrad. If you don’t know who she is, she was on Hills which was a reality show that used to be on MTV but now she is an author. She had some bad experiences with TV and wanted to get away so that’s why she is an author now. She has written fiction and nonfiction books. I haven’t read her fiction books but I do own one of her nonfiction books and I absolutely love it! It’s a book that gives you pointers on how to do makeup, nails, hair, and how to take care of your skin. I’ve learned so many things that I would have never guessed would work. One of my favorite chapters is the skin chapter. Lauren Conrad talks about how take care of your skin and what is best for it. One really interesting thing I learned is that where you have zits is caused by different things. For instance if have zits on your forehead they are caused by stress, zits in between your eyebrows are caused by eating bad, and zits on your cheeks are caused by your immune system, so if you were sick you might get zits on your cheek. I also learned that any skin care lotion, wash, or cream that is scented is bad for your skin because even though you like the smell, they add unneeded chemicals to get the smell which can be dangerous for your skin. Another one of my favorite chapters is the makeup section. These days a lot of girls like to wear A LOT of makeup, so she teaches you how to apply, what looks best on certain skin types, and what you shouldn’t do when it comes to putting on makeup. Some of the things are pretty obvious like don’t have foundation lines, don’t have raccoon eyes, and don’t wear crazy eye shadow. Lauren Conrad taught me where to put my concealer, foundation and bronzer. I use to think that you just spread it evenly but there are actually places to put them to make your skin and face structure look better. This book helped me a lot, it taught me things I would have never guessed worked, or was bad. I love makeup and hair and trying new things with it, so this book opened me to new things. If you like these kinds of things I would highly recommend that you go out and buy it. It’s a great book and after you read it, you will look great too! (word count 445)

No comments:

Post a Comment