Friday, October 12, 2012

soon to be driver, its kinda sad


Being a junior, most teens have a cell phone, a job, and oh yah a car…. But not me, I am 16 and in about a month I will be 17 and I will not be driving until a month after. In Iowa you can get your permit when your 14, you have to be 16 to have a license but you have to have had your permit for at least 6 months and have gone through Drivers Ed. I waited sadly until I was 16 to get my permit and am currently going through Drivers Ed.

I have had a lot of people make fun of me for not getting it sooner, but I really don’t care. I don’t know exactly why I didn’t get it sooner but I just didn’t, it wasn’t at the top of my priority list. It’s not because I’m afraid to drive because I am not afraid at all; I have driven numerous times with my parents and older siblings.  Having my license will cause good things and bad things.

When I finally get my license I will be able to go do what I want, when I want, I won’t have to make plans in advance to get a ride, and I will never have to worry about not getting a ride or being late because of my ride. I will be able to drive myself to and from work and not have to wait 15 minutes after I get off to get a ride. Waiting is a big thing I will not miss, wherever I am and need a ride I always have to wait and I hate it! I also will no longer have to get dropped off and picked up by my parents, which at this point is honestly getting a little embarrassing.

Some things I am not looking forward to would be that I’ll have to pay for gas, and let me tell yah it’s expensive. Also I’ll have to leave earlier for things going on so that I have time to park, ect. With it being winter means cold and I don’t want to walk all the way to my car and be freezing but I’ll have to deal with it and suck it up.

          I really should not be telling you why I don’t want my license? Who does that!? I know when I get my license I will be happy no matter what. (: (408)

No comments:

Post a Comment