Tuesday, December 4, 2012

i'm getting really angry with you mr. weather

            Growing up in Iowa I have always gotten the chance to witness the four seasons. But this year things are happening a little differently, currently it being December it has been in the low 60’s and mid 50’s. I just don’t get this, like it seriously doesn’t make sense to me. I mean yah I’m happy about it because it’s nice weather but it’s just really weird and honestly I don’t know what to think of it. Lately it feels like Iowa is on a weather roller coaster. We slowly work up to it being colder and colder, then bam within one day the temperatures are up and its short and tang-top weather.
It being around the holidays, it is generally freezing but nope not this year.  I usually have to prepare myself whenever going outside with putting on my mittens, hat, scarf, and coat. But I haven’t even had to do that once yet. We might not even have a white Christmas, just one without any snow! I don’t know what to do! Last year it seemed like it was constantly snowing but nope not this year. If there is still no snow by Christmas I just don’t know what I will be with myself. It also feels completely wrong to celebrate the CHRISTMAS holiday when it is so warm outside. It just doesn’t really feel like Christmas time. The weather also totally defeats the purpose of drinking hot-chocolate… I mean COME-On.
I must say there are some positives that come along with warm weather though. One would be all the driving, considering most drivers in my city have no idea what they are doing and completely suck at driving & the fact that I’m a new driver and snow kind of scares me in that department. Another thing that would be nice is with all the shopping going on, you don’t have to dread walking outside so much. (That sounds like an American typed that last bit, lazy, lazy, and lazy) Other than those reasons I don’t see much good coming out of the whole weather change. But wait, watch sense I just said that and complained about it, we are probably going to get hit with a tonnnn on snow. (I wish) Well whatever happens, happens I guess. (381)
           

No comments:

Post a Comment