Sunday, December 16, 2012

tis the season

There’s always a first for everything, right? Well now being 17 and employed, this will be a bit of a different Christmas for me, considering I can personally purchase presents for my friends and family from my very own pocket. You may be thinking, well wow how dumb, but honestly it means a lot.
I am the youngest of the family of 3 girls so I’ve had to rely on my parents to do all the gifting for everyone from me sense I can remember. Now, this year, when I give someone a gift I will know that it was me that gave them it and I worked for it and everything. I feel like it’s different if you just give a gift from your parents:
You could care less what the person feels about the gift, I mean it doesn’t really matter to me if the person love or hates it because I put none of my time or effort into it. & this year I have already got some of my shopping done and I can honestly not wait to see some people open their gifts and see that it REALLY came from me. It just makes this Christmas better and more enjoying. I guess the saying “the gift of giving” really does mean a lot this Christmas will be better because of it! (227)

No comments:

Post a Comment