Thursday, December 20, 2012

being sick

          BEING SICK. Being in high school you have much responsibility to stay on top of things and not get behind, so being sick doesn’t really mix well with the whole staying on track thing. But recently I have seen the number of people in my class day to day go down and down, and now at this very moment I am sitting on my butt typing this blog sicker than ever.
            Over my schools entire winter break I was sick, at work I was constantly poppin cough drops so I didn’t fall to the ground in pain and agony. Okay, I know I’m not that sick but still my throat was killing me. Anyways whatever is going around is not fun at all. When we came back on Wednesday from break I was feeling alright but as the day progressed I just felt more sick and finally when I went home I went straight to bed. Today I started feeling much better after going to the doctor’s yesterday and now I am here to write a guide for you! This is my guide to staying on track while being sick:
1.      DON’T GET BEHIND:           of course you will already be a little behind when you come back all healthy and smiling, but if you were already behind in the first place there won’t be any smiling coming from you. So if you have homework the night you went home sick or homework that was due a few days later get it done so that when you come back you aren’t super behind from the days you already missed.
2.      BE 100% HEALTHY:              do not come back to school a little sick, you will not be able to focus and most likely get either sicker or get sick again, make sure you are getting your sleep and that you are drinking plenty of orange juice! Plus you don’t want to get everyone sick with you!
3.      KEEP FOCUSED:                  when you come back go ask all your teachers or peers what you missed and get started on everything right away so you aren’t super behind! That night when you get home make sure you do as much as you can plus more, it will suck but in the end there won’t be as much stress!
4.      YOU GOT IT!                         Make sure you are not stressing out too much and have some confidence that you can catch up 100% so that way you won’t have any worries or stress!
If you follow those 4 key things you should be fine when you come back to school all healthy. I understand that staying home sick isn’t fun at all, I would much rather be at school then home sick any day. Also when you come back it can be rally stressful, so my key advice is to just not stress too much. (478)

No comments:

Post a Comment