Sunday, December 2, 2012

shine bright like a diamond

            Recently my school had Thanksgiving break, and let me tell yah it was definitely much needed. It was so nice to have an entire week of no homework and being able to sleep. I now can’t wait until Christmas break! WHOOO HOOOO.
            This Thanksgiving at my house was kind of a big one. My sister Jayme is 23 years old and she got engaged. It was funny because everyone knew about it except her. Her boyfriend Shawn of 2 years talked to me and my mom for advice. Overall Shawn went through a lot to get everything perfect and done.
            First he had to figure out the ring. He went alone the first time, just to see what he was looking for exactly and which ones looked perfect to him. The second visit he took his sister and they narrowed it down a bit, too about 5 or 6 rings. On the last visit he took me and we made the final decision. It was so exciting and made me want to cry just being there and knowing how happy my sister will be! The rings that he had were so shiny and sparkly. He knew that my sister would want something big and that’s exactly what he picked out! With the final ring we made sure it was perfect and got all the ring sizes done, they told us that he could pick it up within a week or so. When he bought her ring I could tell how happy he was, and when I asked him if he was nervous he just shook his head and told me “No, because this is what I want”.
            Second he had to figure out HOW!  At first he wanted it to be around a holiday, because Jayme had mentioned she wanted family around when he did it. When he asked my mom what to do she told him Thanksgiving because all in all he is thankful for her. Shawn thought about it for a few weeks and decided Thanksgiving it was! He planned that before we had our dinner with the whole family, he would break the news to her. Well as the day started going he became very very nervous, whenever he was about to do it, he wouldn’t. Then his sister and I started writing notes and holding them up in the air at him when Jayme wasn’t looking. Finally he did it, he pretended that he had did something really wrong and told Jayme that he was sorry and that she would be really mad at him, then right away he got on one knee and did it!! It was awesome and she was ecstatic! She couldn’t stop smiling the rest of the day!
            Jayme will never forget this Thanksgiving, and within the next year she will be married! It is crazy to think that my OWN sister is getting married but at the same time I am so happy for her. I wonder if she will be a bridzilla or not…. I hope to god not! (509)

1 comment: