Monday, January 28, 2013

elephant's graveyard


Elephant’s graveyard is an amazing play and an awesome reader’s theatre. I saw it as a reader’s theatre and I started to cry it was done so well. The story starts out in a small town where there isn’t much money or entertainment. One day they figure out that the circus is coming to town and everybody freaks out because most of them have never seen a circus, so it was a pretty big deal. They also learned that the circus had an elephant and the elephants name was Mary. They couldn’t believe what they saw when Mary first came to town. They were so amazed at how huge this land animal could be. Everybody in town fell in love with the elephant and they never wanted Mary to leave. On the day of the parade, the one that Mary got to walk in, something went terribly wrong. Mary freaked out and was stomping everywhere when she stomped on a man. At that moment Mary was once loved by everyone but is now a murderer. Even though the town didn’t want to kill their beloved Mary they knew she was a danger to everyone. I won’t tell you the end of the play just in case you want to go see it.

Even though I'm not a very big fan of dramatic plays, I fell in love with this. The reader’s theatre I saw was very good, there wasn’t an actual elephant in the room with them but they made Mary seem so real that I was in tears when I figured out that Mary had turned bad. Just in case you don’t know what readers theatre is, it's kind of like a play but instead of memorizing lines and acting it out, they have their scripts in front of them and they talk to the audience. They still act and have emotion but it’s a little different from just a regular play. I know this year our reader’s theatre for speech is doing Elephants Graveyard and I'm so excited to see it or maybe be in it! It’s a great play and if you haven’t seen it try and go watch it somewhere, you won’t regret it, I know I didn’t. (372 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment