Monday, September 10, 2012

glitzz

          We all know that mom, that trys to fit in with her teenage daughter and wear the cool clothes and walk the walk. In some moms life’s they feel the need to put either their infant daughter and or son or teenage daughter and or son in beauty pageants and when I say beauty pageants I don’t mean put on a nice dress and answer questions about random things, I mean full out glitz. Now some of you have absolutely no idea what “glitz” is, glitz basically means the whole package you make your child look at least 10 years older with heavy makeup, dark skin, nails looking stunning, fake teeth that make your teeth look perfect and white, and huge hair. Some mothers go to the complete extreme having their daughters get spray tans, fake nails, and even dying their hair and don’t forget these children are young. It is complete craziness. I have no idea what these parents think when they do these things.         
          No offence to these moms at all, but some of them are crazy. They take these pageants to a whole other level. Making them top notch events and putting every second of their lives into these things let alone the amount it cost to enter and all the dresses and accessories. With some of the mothers you see, you can tell the child wants nothing to do with it, but they make them do it, almost like living their dreams through their child, sometimes they scream and yell at the child to make them which I think is pretty sad.
          I must admit when I watch this show I laugh at least once, either because the moms or so crazy or the fact that the children look 10 years older. The before and after pictures are crazy, they look like a completely different person. 
          A few good things I have noticed about the show is that the child learns to be very friendly and super outgoing. With the child only being between 1-16 it really helps them with their confidence level and capability of speaking in front of large groups. Also they memorize routines and that helps them in the future as well.
          The show has its ups and downs, in the pageant world it’s a crazy place to be and you compete to get to the top. I love the show and I always do the signature pose for people with my lips all puckered and my hand on my chin bobbing my head up and down and I have to say its pretty hilariarious! (433)

No comments:

Post a Comment