Monday, September 10, 2012

puppy love


         
                A man’s best friend…. Sorry but it’s more like a women’s best friend in my world. My dog Phoenix (a chocolate lab) is for sure one of my best friends, sense she lives at my house, I tend to spend a lot of time with her. I honestly don’t know what I would do without her sleeping on my bed at night.        
My family adopted her when she was about 1 and I at the time was probably 8 or 9 at the time, she is now about 8 years old and yet she still acts like she is 2. That’s what I love about her though you give her a tennis ball and she just will not give up on it being thrown until you put it up, which sometimes can get super annoying.
All in all she is a great dog; my dad trained her so she knows how to sit and shake and all that fun stuff. She loves her walks and is entitled to them at least 3 times a week. She isn’t too fond of kids though because when she gets around them you can tell that she becomes super paranoid that something bad will happen so she stays extremely close to them, she isn’t very fond of other dogs either because she is our only dog and she gets jealous pretty easily.
When I go off to college it will be hard because whenever I leave I tell her goodbye and I always tell her hello when I’m home and when I’m gone for a long period of time she gets anxious as my mom would say but when I arrive back at home she goes back to playful ol Phoenix. We are very close because I have spent so much time with her half of my life and that’s why I love her so much.
Yes, she is very spoiled but we all know it could be 10 x worse, At least I don’t dress her up, that’s kind of a false statement because I would dress her up but she isn’t to happy when I do so, so I moved on from that stage. But I don’t take her everywhere I go I give us space.
Okay I know I sound crazy with this whole blog but she is a big part of my life, and no, I’m not a crazy dog lady if Phoenix wasn’t around 24/7 I think I would be alright, but she’s still my whittle pup in my heart.(421)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! for chocolate labs! I know exactly what you mean in so much of this. My Bailey is the same about hello/goodbye (I swear she will not give up until I let her kiss me hello!) and playing with her toys.

    Was Phoenix a rescue dog? Both of my labs were rescues, and after my experience with them I really believe that rescue is the way to go for pet ownership. I also think that people who don't have a dog are missing out! You might think about the "non dog owner" audience and what you might write to them, what possible topics and purposes, etc.
    PS: Have you seen the tumblr site "Dogshamming"? It's halarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Phoenix was not a rescue dog. My dad found her in the paper because her owner lived in Des Moines and had a very small backyard and felt it was not good enough for Phoenix, and at the time I lived in the country with plenty of room for her to run around and be herself. So i guess you could say that in a way we rescued her(:
    I have not seen the tumblr site but now im going to have to look it up, its sounds pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete