Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the wonderfull workforce


When I first turned 16 I wasn’t even thinking of having a job, but now 2 months before I turn 17 I gladly have a job. My mom was always constantly down my back about not having a job and learning how to have my own money… my thoughts on this were just that she wanted me to pay for everything. My mom at the time was my worst enemy.

Soon I went and applied for jobs, I think I filled out at least ten applications determined to get at least one call back, with the last place I turned in my application, I just knew it was the place, I got a call back that day. When I went in for my “Interview” I was scared to death, I didn’t know if what I was wearing was good enough or even what to say, when I talked with the manager though it just seemed so easy and the words just flowed out of my mouth, and I happily got hired. I am now a hostess at lone star, and I enjoy it.

I feel like having a job has actually taught me things, just like my mom said it would. I learn people skills and how to deal with the happy customers and then the bad ones. I also have learned a lot about responsibility and showing up to work on time and working my schedule around it. I also like having my OWN money to buy myself things and not have to 100% depend on my parents for things. Having a job is a good thing and I feel all teenagers should have one. You learn a lot of “street skills”, and yes sometimes it can be super stressful or busy, and I don’t get to hang out with my friends as much, but it’s all worth it in the end. (314)



No comments:

Post a Comment